Natural gas is a mixture of several different gases that are formed under the earth surface slowly. Many stoves and other appliance burn a fuel called natural gas. It’s colorless and shapeless.
It is a non-renewable resource as it takes many years to form deep inside the earth before it can be used again. When animals and microorganisms die over many years ago they settle down on the earth’s surface.
This dead sea plants, animals, sand, and muds gets built up over the time by the heats and pressure of the earth which turns them into petroleum and natural gas.
Uses of natural gas:
It is used as a source of energy for heating, cooking and electric uses. It is used as fuel for vehicles as a chemical in the manufacture of plastics and for other important organic chemicals. The use of natural gas benefits the society.
Natural gas is used to power the lights in building and streets which includes:
- Electricity supply: The main use of natural gas is to generate electricity. Natural gas is the source of many nations electricity.
- Heating: The heat which is produced d from the natural gas is warmer than the heat which is produced by the electrical pump.
- Transport: natural gas is used much more in transportation to power vehicles and it reduces harmful discharge released into the air which reduces the smog.
- Manufacturer: Paper and steel are used in natural gas to make steam for the industries.
Therefore, the society continues to use natural gas from other natural sources.
Natural gas a non -renewable resource:
The main method is that something renewable is consumed when it is been used. Natural gas is considered as non -renewable resource because it can’t be produced quickly and takes thousands of years to form.
A non-renewable resource is a resource of economic value which cannot be willingly replaced by natural means on the level of consumption.
Most of the fossil fuels are considered a nonrenewable resource such as oil, natural gas, and coal.
Examples of non-renewable resource:
- Oil: It is a non-renewable resource in fluid form. The oil supply may only last through the middle of this term. Gasoline, heating oil and diesel fuel are the main uses of the resource, it manufactures the oil as the base for such products as plastics.
- Natural gas: Natural gas shares space with the underground oil reserves, so these natural resources are mainly removed at the same time. People use it for cooking fuels, heating and for vehicle use.
- Coal: coal is largest and cheapest stock in the non-renewable resource. Coal is obtained by many years of pressure and by organic means from the plants buries underneath. In some areas by burning coal, the electricity is generated.
- Sand and oil: the tar sand (tarry oil) is obtained from sedimentary rock. This non-renewable resource is the only resource sufficient enough to supply energy for more than years. Oil (oil shale) is produced from the similar difficult and intensive energy.
- Uranium: It is a radioactive chemical that naturally produces in groundwater, soil, and rocks. Uranium was put in the earth from its atmosphere. The major use of uranium is to produce nuclear energy.