If a teachers reading this articles than you just found an exciting new way to get your boys and girls participating in a learning activity. These materials are not designed to replace topics in school curricula. A teacher instructs students in subjects such as science, mathematics, language arts, social studies, art and music and then helps them to apply on those concepts. Teachers works in public as well as private elementary schools, Middle schools, and high schools. Those working in middle and high schools usually specialize in teaching one subject.
Duties And Functions Of Teacher :
A teachers role vary among cultures. Teachers may provide instruction in literacy and numeracy, craftsmanship or vocational training the arts, religion, civics community roles, or life skills.
The role of the school and teachers has always been vital in the all-round personality development of the students. In fact, a teacher is a role model influencing every facet of the student’s growth and developing their inner potentials motivated, guide and friends.
In the classroom teacher should.
- Motivate the student before starting the lesson or lecture.
- Develop and use relevant teaching aid for the student.
- Give activity/ application- based work/ assignment beyond the book. With guidance to use various resources and keep a record of the work given
- Maintain schools rules and regulations and maintain cleanliness and discipline.
- Link the topics with the previous lessons or knowledge so that student can understand the lesson properly.
- Prepare well each and every aspect of the lesson before the delivery of the lesson.
The Class teacher must
- Appoint the class representative to maintain the discipline in the classroom
- Display clearly the timetable for the class.
- Create a learning environment for the students by decorating the board with noble work of great personalities to inspire the student.
The Teacher should not
- Use only “ telling method” not the “ beating method”
- Use guides, help books, as they hamper the thinking process
- The teacher should not corporal the punishment.
- Stand in group and gossip during the assembly.
Qualities required for teachers :
- Teaching is highly complex activity because it is a social activity that takes place in a specific context.
- Factors that influence what is expected of teachers include history and tradition, social views about the purpose of education.
- It has been shown that teachers who show enthusiasm towards the course materials and students can create a positive learning.
- There are various mechanisms by which teachers enthusiasm may facilitate higher levels of intrinsic motivation
- The teachers that spend more time interacting and working directly with students are perceived as supportive and effective teachers, effective teachers have been shown to invite students participated and decision making. Allow they humor into their classrooms and demonstrate a willingness to play.
A Day in a teacher’s Life :
- “Regularly communicate students’ Progress towards goals with families”.
- “Participate in staff meetings and requires teacher training”.
- “Prepare classroom for class activities”
- “ Keep careful anecdotal and assessment records and use them to write accurately comprehensive students reports.
- Professional standards:
- Professional standard is the functions colleges may include setting out clear standards of practice
- Communication skills should be excellent verbal communication, and listening skills will allow you to share information with students, colleagues, and parents. you must express yourself in writing.
- “Strong Collaboration and teamwork skills”
- “Must be professionally responsible”.