Law of nature itself asks us to follow the principle of three R ’s, i.e reduce, reuse and recycle.
Recycling waste material is the best to save energy and conserve energy. Here are following facts we-we should know about recycling products and understand why it is necessary;
- Compared to making new paper from raw material and recycling papers, almost 70% less energy is used in recycling paper.
- A 60 watt light bulb can be used to power by recycling 1 plastic bottle.
- 1 recycled glass bottle can produce enough energy to use computer system for 25 minutes.
- 1 tin bottle if recycled, then it can produce energy to use television for almost 3 hours.
- 80% of old dented vehicles can be recycled.
- Almost every organic waste from the house can be recycled and used as compost.
- Out of the money we spend on buying new products, almost 60% of product price is based on packaging which is ultimately a waste.
- The average garbage in dustbin is still so useful that it can be used for powering a television for 5,000 hours.
- 60% of dustbin waste can be made to use again.
- Recycling helps to conserve our natural resources like coal, mineral ores etc. which are limited to stock.
- By using recycle produce we can reduce the amount of emission of greenhouse gases thereby protecting our earth.
- About 25 million coffee cups are thrown in waste in America.
Here is a list of product wise recycle facts:
- About 24 million tonnes of aluminum is used every year.
- Almost fifty-one thousand tonnes of aluminum goes into waste.
- If all cans in a single country are recycled we will use 40% less number of dustbins.
- Recycling process of aluminum requires very less time.
- Aluminum cans are a most recycled product
- A single family uses about 500 glass bottles and jars yearly.
- The largest glass furnace produces over 1 million glass jars each year.
- The glass is 100% recyclable and can be as many times as we want.
- The glass is not able to decompose itself but it can be recycled thousands of times.
- 23% of less air pollution is caused by using recycled papers.
- A single country used more than 12.5 million tonnes of papers and cardboard each year.
- An average person gets about 38kg of newspaper annually.
- 24 numbers of trees are required to produce to make 1 ton of paper.
- Half a million trees are to be cut down to produce Sunday newspaper.
- If we choose to recycle all newspapers then we can collective save 250 million tresses each year.
- About 15 million tonnes of plastics are used daily.
- A single family produces about 40 kg of plastic waste each year.
- The use of plastic is growing rapidly each year.
- It will take about 500 years for a plastic to decompose.
- Plastic waste that is thrown is ocean kills over a million of marine life.