Hypertension is HT or HTN known as high blood pressure. Hypertension is the effect of an underlying condition or medication. It is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently raised. High blood pressures generally do not have any symptoms. High blood pressure or hypertension rarely has noticeable symptoms but if untreated it increases it increases your risk of serious problems such as heart attacks and strokes.
Causes and types:
The high blood pressure is due hypertension there are many types, each type has different cause:
Primary hypertension is also called as essential hypertension. This type occurs over time with unnoticeable cause. Most people have this type of blood pressure. These are some factors include:
- Genes: Many people are genetically leads to hypertension. This can be from gene mutations or genetic abnormalities inherited from your parents.
- Physical change: If there a change in your body you may begin to experience issues throughout your body high blood pressure may be one of them for example its thought that changes in your kidney function due to aging may upset the body’s natural balance of salts and fluid. This change may cause body’s blood pressure to increase.
- Environment: The unhealthy lifestyle choices overtime and lack of physical activity or poor diet can take their charge on body. This can also lead to weight problems being overweight can increase your risk for hypertension.
Secondary hypertension occurs very fact and can become more dangerous than primary hypertension. The symptoms of secondary hypertension include:
- Kidney disease
- Sleep disorder
- Thyroid problems
- Heart defects
- Medication side effects
- Using illegal drugs
- Alcohol abuse or chronic use
- Losing weight if you are overweight can help in lowering blood pressure.
- If you quit smoking
- Start eat healthy diet which includes more fruits vegetables and low dairy fay products.
- Reducing the amount of sodium in your daily diet to reduce the high blood pressure adults should try to limit the sodium more.
- Start regular aerobic exercise such as brisk walking at least 30 minutes a day or many days in a week.
- Alcoholics should limit their alcohols to two drinks a day for men, and one drink for women.
- Reduce the stress you are taking every day by changing your expectations, think about problems under your control and make solutions to solve it, try knowing your major stress reasons, relax be calm and to activities you enjoy.
Symptoms of high blood pressure:
High Blood pressure is caused by the hypertension. The symptoms are not noticeable. But it may take may years or even decades for the condition to reach level severe enough that symptoms become very obvious.
Symptoms of hypertension include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Visual changes
These symptoms need immediate medical attention. They may not occur in everyone who is suffering from hypertension but waiting for the symptom to appear for this condition may be deadly. The best way to know are you suffering from hypertension is to get regular blood pressure readings.